Blog Archive

This post contains links to products on Amazon. If you purchase items through these links, I receive a small percentage of every sale.

Valentine's Day Tot Activities with Free Printables

Sunshine has seen her siblings enjoying Valentine's Day activities and wanted some of her own. 

These Valentine's Day Tot Activities and Free Printables were created for her!

They focus on tasks that she enjoys and introduce her to a letter, number, shape, and colors.

If you have a toddler who's also wanting their own Valentine's Day Activities, we hope these ideas and resources are helpful!

Valentine's Day Tot Activities with Free Printables

I have been awful at sharing activities that I do with Sunshine.  My goal for the year is to share one post each month of Montessori Inspired Toddler Activities I'm doing with her.  

I feel that one set of activities a month is sufficient.  However, if she is successful at mastering the activities sooner, and becomes bored, you may see more posts. I can never tell with her.

This month I'm focusing on Valentine's Day, trying to help Sunshine master the identification of the letter L, number 3, colors: pink, white & red, and heart shape.  

I'm hopeful by the end of the month she'll be successful.  Sunshine is delayed in many areas, so I'm unsure how long it will take her to learn a new skill.

Here's what we're doing!

Valentine's Day Tot Activities with Free Printables


Valentine's Day Picture Match Up


Valentine's Day Picture Match Up


Sunshine will match the pictures with the objects. 

Once she masters this, I have a second set of picture cards I'll add to the activity.  


If she masters all of that, I'll try a memory game with her.  I'm hoping activities like this will be a great help in preparing her for Nomenclature Card activities.

Source:  I created this activity.  The cards for this activity are part of my Valentine's Day Tot Printable Pack.  This is a Subscriber's Only Freebie. For your free copy, follow the directions at the bottom of this post.

"L is for Love" Ribbon Activity


"L is for Love" Ribbon Activity


Sunshine will select pieces of ribbon from the bowl and place them over the letter L correctly.  

As part of the process she'll learn to discriminate between a short ribbon and a long ribbon.  

She'll practice fine motor skills as she places the ribbon on the letter L correctly.

Source:  I created this activity.  The cards for this activity are part of my Valentine's Day Tot Printable Pack.  This is a Subscriber's Only Freebie. For your free copy, follow the directions at the bottom of this post.

Counting with M&Ms


Counting with M&Ms


Sunshine really struggles with counting. She can barely count to two some days.  I'm hoping this activity will help her.  


Sunshine LOVES M&Ms.  Sometimes it comes down to motivation.  


You're not able to see the circles on the cards above in the picture, however they are there.  


Sunshine will place the correct amount of M&Ms on each card, using the circles as a guide. 


When she has finished, she can enjoy the M&Ms.  


Since Sunshine struggles with counting to two, we're only using cards one through three this month.  


If she completes the task accurately and consistently, I'll add numbers four and five.


Counting with M&Ms


The cards are very plain and simple on purpose. Sunshine has a very difficult time completing a task.  She is distracted VERY easily.  I'm hoping with simplicity will come mastery.

Source:  I created this activity.  The cards for this activity are part of my Valentine's Day Tot Printable Pack.  This is a Subscriber's Only Freebie. For your free copy, follow the directions at the bottom of this post.

Hearts in Bags Color Sorting


Hearts in Bags Color Sorting
 

Sunshine is as girlie as it gets, at least in this house.  She loves any type of purse or bag she can find.  When I saw these cute bags at the craft store, I couldn't resist, add some sparkly felt hearts, and you have a perfect activity!

Sunshine will sort the hearts, placing them in the correct bags.  Though the task may appear easy, it's actually a great way to develop coordination skills.  Opening the bag and placing the heart in correctly, without it falling out is quite the task.

When Sunshine was finished today, she put the bags over her shoulder, turned to me, said goodbye, and walked off.  She can always make me smile.

Valentine's Day Color Sorting


Valentine's Day Color Sorting


Bracelets are yet another one of Sunshine's favorite things.  In this activity she will sort the bracelets by color and place them over the wooden pegs.  She will then remove them.  

Sunshine loved this activity today.  She decided to place all the bracelets on her arm, and then pull one off at a time to place on the pegs.  It was super cute.  

In case you're wondering, the pegs came from a Melissa & Doug Wooden Stacker we have in the house.

Dot-A-Dot Heart


Dot-A-Dot Heart

Sunshine will practicing making a heart with her Dot Marker.  It will be interesting to see how she does.  Once again, this is very plain, to help Sunshine stay focused.

Source:  I created this activity.  The cards for this activity are part of my Valentine's Day Tot Printable Pack.  This is a Subscriber's Only Freebie. For your free copy, follow the directions at the bottom of this post.

Build A Bouquet


Build A Bouquet


Everyone in the house loves this toy! I can't say enough great things about it.  


We've been huge fans of Green Toys Flowers for quite some time.  


Not only are they great for the environment, made out of recycled material, but they are indestructible.  (Believe me. I've stepped on these pieces more times than I'd like to remember.  Never once have the broken.)

Sunshine will build a bouquet using the pieces provided.  I'm sure her siblings will want to join in.


I hope everyone has a fabulous Valentine's Day!

Directions on How to Obtain Subscriber Only Freebies


1. Click on the Subscriber's link at the bottom of this post.

2. Subscribe to our free newsletter.

3. Open the thank you message you receive after subscribing. (Be sure to check your spam folder, as sometimes it ends up there.)

4. Click the confirmation link in the thank you message.

5. Once the confirmation is complete, you will receive another message with the Subscriber Only Freebies Link and Password.

6. Click on link and type in password. (The password is cap sensitive.)

7. Find the printable pack you are looking for listed in alphabetical order, click on it, and viola!

We hope you enjoy your free printable.

Note: If you are already a newsletter subscriber, open your most recent newsletter. At the bottom you will find a link to the Subscriber Only Freebies page, along with the password in case you forgot it.



If you liked this post, you may also enjoy the resources below.

Valentine's Day Noun Activities for Preschoolers with Free Printable Valentine's Day Singular and Plural Nouns Writing Strips Physical Boundaries and Consent Activities for Kids Valentine's Day Practical Life and Sensorial Activities Montessori-inspired Pink Activities Montessori-inspired Red Activities Valentine's Day in Paris

5 comments:

  1. Stopping bye from TGIF Linky; love your Tot Activities. Not sure which one is my favorite, but I love the Sorting Hearts into Bags activity. My Tot is as girly as they come, too. She'd definitely love that one. And the L for Love Ribbon tray is great, too. Love the different tasks involved. We've already had some Valentine fun in Tot School; I love seeing what others do. Also!!! I've had my eye on the Build a Bouquet toy-- glad to see it's a favorite; the reviews seem split, but I may have to add that to my Tot's Bday Wish List!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute activities, my daughter would enjoy the sparkly felt heart purse activity so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. There's just something about a purse isn't there?

      Delete
  3. Hello! Greetings from Ukraine :-) I like your blog and I am very inspired! You are great woman and mother! All the best for you and your lovely family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the Ukraine! I hope you continue to stop by and join us on facebook.

      Delete